The Point, Eastleigh is seeking a fundraising officer to support the extraordinary arts and cultural activities that the theatre offers.
The Point Theatre Eastleigh is owned and managed by Eastleigh Borough Council. Our Vision is to Move People whether that be emotionally or physically. We place our audiences at the heart of everything we do, enriching lives through inspirational experiences. We are a regional powerhouse for contemporary dance, theatre and combined arts, presenting bold, innovative and inspirational new work. Engaging thousands of participants each year, we teach skills, raise aspirations and inspire the next generation, developing Eastleigh as a creative community.
If you like the idea of working to challenging fundraising targets and enabling communities to continue to benefit from the extraordinary arts and cultural activities that we offer, we would love to hear from you.
Based at The Point, Eastleigh you will be responsible for the planning and delivery of innovative and creative fundraising opportunities for The Point and Council’s wider Arts and Culture service. Ultimately leading to securing our vision to Move People within our communities.
The main duties of the role are:
• Develop and deliver action plans for fundraising that will achieve agreed targets towards the venue’s capital and revenue fundraising campaigns
• Support the setting and delivery of fundraising forecasts and budgets and be responsible for preparing and delivering fundraising operational plans
To be successful you will have:
• A proven track record of fundraising, some of which must have been spent working on a major fundraising campaign or period of significant fundraising growth, preferably within the arts and culture sector
• A demonstrable track record of securing five or six figure donations from trusts and foundations, individuals and/or corporate supporters
• Experience of developing and delivering fundraising strategies
• Proven track record of securing corporate sponsorship
• Experience of monitoring, reporting and forecasting against plans and budgets
• Experience of representing an organisation to key supporters, funders and stakeholders
If you are excited by this opportunity and feel you have the skills, experience and attitude we are looking for we would love to hear from you.
At Eastleigh, we are committed to supporting and developing all our staff and creating a culture that is inclusive, innovative and enjoyable. We offer excellent opportunities for continuous professional development and support our staff in maintaining a good work life balance through our innovative flexi time system. We also have excellent package of benefits including:
25 days annual leave dependant on service
Flexible working arrangements and ability to accrue up to 2 days additional leave per month
Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
Places Leisure, Eastleigh – 30% off Full Membership
Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
Car and Season Ticket loans
Excellent working environment
Support for continuous professional development
Good work life balance
For an informal discussion please contact Nickola Moore, Arts & Culture Manager on 023 8068 7829.
To download supporting documents for this vacancy click on the links at the bottom of this screen